Ranger Historical Preservation, Inc.

“Preserving History for Tomorrow”

 

 

Home

McCleskey No. 1

Ranger Hall of Fame

RTD Library-Research

Heritage Center

Visitor Center

Ol' Town

Historical Markers

Festivals & Parades

Publications

Announcements

McCleskey Controversy

Editorial Comments 2

Conclusion

Ruth Terry Denny Library-Research Center

In 1994, the Helen West family, from Ranger donated an old home to be moved from the location. The donation would be used to house the Ruth Terry Denny Library-Research Center.

The house was moved by Eaton House Movers to the Barrett Property, previously purchased,  located at 1505 West Loop 254 in Ranger.

The house was completely refurbished with volunteer labor and contributors.

The Ruth Terry Denny Library-Research Center officially opened May 16, 1997 and was entered into the records of the House of Representatives by Representative Jim Keffer, HR 880, commemorating the opening of the Ruth Terry Denny Library-Research Center. 

On July 4, 1997 a dedication was held for the Ruth Terry Denny Library-Research Center.

On December 5, 1997, the first annual Christmas Open House was held at the Ruth Terry Denny Library- Research Center.